The people of IND, LLC. share a devotion to fuel cells, fuel cell testing, fuel cell test station development, fuel cell support, catalyst testing, catalyst test equipment, and, most importantly, to our customers. Our team brings unique, individual approaches together to form a powerful force in innovation and customer support. Qualified applicants should send a resume with employment history and references to: email@example.com.
IND, LLC. is accepting applications for the following positions:
C++ Programmer (Part-Time and Full-Time)
IND, LLC. is a leading provider of fuel cell and catalyst test equipment. Our equipment is used around the world by large companies, industry leaders, start-ups and universities in the development of catalysts as well as fuel cell stacks, materials, and components. The fuel cell and catalyst industry is growing rapidly as our customers work to develop fuel cells from laptops, back-up generation, homes and automobiles and catalysts for fuel cells, reformers, and emission control. We are expanding our staff to enable more rapid development of software, utilize feedback from our customers, and continue advancing the leading edge in test equipment. With the largest customer base in the industry, IND, LLC. is well poised to undergo continued growth.
The Software Programmer will be responsible for writing core and support code for our existing software test suite. The skills and tasks required for this position will INDlude:
- Experience in writing applications utilizing DCOM;
- Integration of off-the-shelf and custom hardware into our software platform;
- Developing software features and specifications requirement documents;
- Leading review discussions of proposed code topology, framework, and features;
- Specifying hardware and software tools required for the development and support effort;
- Working with internal documentation personnel to maintain software users manuals;
- Effectively respond to bugs found during in-house testing procedures;
- Confirming the operation of the code in-house and, potentially, at customer sites;
- Working with marketing personnel to describe software features in sales literature and brochures;
- Quickly and accurately correct bugs found after release of the product;
- Providing long term support for software enhancements, and upgrades;
- Transitioning service knowledge to customer service for continued product support.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the requirements for testing fuel cells and catalysts and must demonstrate an understanding of software controlled test equipment.
This is a hands-on position that will have support groups or individuals for documentation and long-term testing. However, the daily responsibility of the successful candidate will be to plan, write, document, and test code. The successful candidate will have an understanding of electro-mechanical and electrical systems with a demonstrated ability to write hardware control code. It is expected that the successful candidate will have direct experience in the development of instrumentation and control software having a similar level of complexity as our existing Fideris Test SuiteTM control software. Information on our software platform may be found on the FCPowerTM Software Page.
- Verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Self-starting, self-directing, able to make decisions and take ownership for issues regarding system requirements, customer expectations, and software features.
- Liaising with managers, documentation group, and sales in preparing and agreeing project budgets, timescales, and specifications.
- Ability to provide and maintain accurate and professional code documentation.
Work Location and Travel
This position is being offered at the Battle Ground, WA location only. It is anticipated that this position will not require significant travel.